Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Relaxation, Lost now Found



Finding Real Relaxation


What is relaxation?

Roots to Breath, Dona Anderson 

Yoga introduced me to Guided Relaxation

Here's how it started ...

At the end of each class we were asked to breathe and relax our body.  At first I fell asleep, when I was able to stay awake I was usually restless, replayed conversations, or was reminded of all the things I had to do.  Is this relaxation?  I think I need more practice! 
Dona Anderson

Real relaxation does require practice, patience, and it has an intention.  It asks you to be aware and notice as you slowly relax different areas of the body and deepen your breath. You will hear words such as release, soften, let go, calm, slow, feel, open, allow, and breathe.

A guided relaxation invites you to follow along, to focus on the breath, an area of your body, a place, a thought, or perhaps a smile. While you follow along and breathe, you slowly begin to let go of all those other thoughts, you begin to clear and open the mind, and you start to move into the present moment.

What I soon discovered was a very precious lifelong gift.

I found a time to soften and breathe.  I found a time to feel comfortable with who I am.  I found a time to remove obstacles, release tension, and I found a place to notice the difference, to feel it, to be with it.   The practice opened me up to a place where I had tried to reach before but had never quite made it.

The awareness and benefits you gain can also help you use the breath in your everyday life as a tool to support your wellness.  Whether it is for a quick busy day refresher, when you feel out of balance, or in times of stress, you can focus on your breath and watch as it gently relaxes you and guides you back to the present moment.

You can practice relaxation almost anywhere and anytime.  Even a minute can help separate you from a stress, a worry, or a busy time and place.  You’ll be able to experience the feeling of your breath bringing you back to balance and to peaceful thoughts.   You may even find an open space in your schedule and in your mind. 

Let the breath take you where you need to go!


Here's a link to an earlier post that shares one of the 65 gentle beginner relaxations from Simply, One Breath At a Time.  Enjoy!

Visit the Tabs above for more information about me and Simply!

Facebook  & Twitter

Don't miss future posts - Follow by Email.

Below you can share with friends by email,
Facebook, twitter and more.
 

Comments are Appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment