Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Unplugging!

Pleasures of Unplugging!


Disconnect and Reconnect to some of what I used to do!

Roots to Breath, Dona Anderson
More stuff on  Facebook

What will they be?

This past holiday season I was thinking about what I used to do over the holidays before computers.  I remembered things like going for extra walks, going skating in the afternoon, doing a puzzle, taking off for a weekend, having dinner parties, getting warm by the fireplace, reading, watching old movies, or listening to all the Christmas CD's over and over.

I'll call it the before I got plugged era!

The change seemed quick like how last year just flew by. 

Did it happen to YOU too?

I think for me the change came mostly because I got lazy.  It became easier to sit at the computer and add in more things to keep me here instead of seeing what else I could do.  That quick check on Facebook turns out to be an hour or more, and then why not check out all the other things again while I'm still here. 

Writing is another pastime I love but it that takes its toll because I reread things over and over.  Why?

Dona, let it go ... it is OK, Done!

It's those simple things that I mostly miss like visiting friends or making a company's coming over supper, getting out and moving, doing some before bed yoga, or just some casual afternoon reading of a magazine in the Living Room.  Instead I can now be plugged in anywhere!

I'm glad I remember what it was like before when there were other things to do and we didn't have all these choices and conveniences.  No, I don't want to get rid of them but often we don't know anymore what to do or even how to do it. 

Who is like me and only has a manual can opener?
I'm ready for when the power goes out.
Do they even have electric can openers anymore?

So this year, I'm giving myself the gift of more unplugged time to find out the Pleasures of Unplugging! Which means for me, I will gladly step away from my desk more often and find other things to do that involves actually being with others, being outside, moving, more time for self care and nurturing activities, and lots more time for being quiet and still

I guess it's really called finding more Balance!


You can Comment or Share with others at the Links below.


I'll let you know how it goes!


Stay connected - Follow by Email 
and get new posts delivered to your inbox!

Did you think of some things you'd like to do?


No comments:

Post a Comment