Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Here's Help to Say Goodbye to STRESS


Reduce Stress

and

You don't even have to wear Yoga pants


But you can if you want.


Would you like to experience more Presence and Awareness in your day?

Dona Anderson, Message from Simply,
One Breath at a Time

Years ago when I first experienced Guided Relaxation and Meditation at the end of my yoga classes I was puzzled, but in a good way.

I know you're going to say I'm too Busy but  trust me, you can start with just a couple of minutes.

We all have to breathe anyway.


I never knew how badly I needed this practice either.



In the beginning I said what lots of you will say ~ 
Who has time for this?

I remember my first teacher just read from a book and most of the time I didn't understand what she was saying but I was comfortable, relaxing and sometimes fell asleep. Since this was a lunchtime class at work, I enjoyed it and wanted more. ( It reminded me a bedtime story or our kindergarten nap time.)

Other teachers took me further into guided relaxation that invited me to become more aware of the breath and I learned about focusing on areas of the body to relax.

As my practice grew it offered me choices, things to do, experience and become aware of.

And, I heard words like balance, connection, imagine, experience, offer, explore, presence, flow, feel, move, invite.

In the beginning this seemed like Crazy talk.

Then Life started to change for me.

Here's How


9 ways we Benefit from Guided Relaxation & Meditation that will continue to help you nourish your body, mind and soul ... 


Awareness - The Beginning.  When I learned to pause I started to Notice things - the good & the bad in all areas of my body, life and world.  

Attitude - first impressions aren't always the right ones.  Some things just need time and for us to do the work. We all have things that come easy to us that we're good at but I think our real Gifts come from the other things that can be a lot of Work. That's where we get the most satisfaction for our success.

Communication - Life changing. Learning that we do have lots of body parts and then the Exchange between the Body, Breath & Mind.

Compassion - Kindness is Free. When we connect to & observe our own Body and all that comes with it we can have more compassion for ourselves and others.

Connection - Putting it all Together. Your body, mind & soul - it's like a puzzle with lots of bits and pieces all fitting in as one.

Experience - Improvement. Grows with the 3 p's, Practice Participation Patience and paying attention. 

Mindfulness - You start paying attention, focusing on one thing at a time. You have awareness of what you're feeling, doing, your actions & thoughts.  You get Comfortable spending time and noticing one thing at a time. 

Presence - Be here Now.  Listening, Noticing and Being in the minutes & moments in your real life leaving thoughts and worries behind.  

and I'll finish this list with 

Gratitude - Feelings of being Grateful.  Feelings affect our whole life, health and our interactions. Let's have ones of appreciation, thanks, trust, caring and peace growing in our Hearts, homes and our World. 


Are you ready to Start Living Better Today? 




No comments:

Post a Comment